Do you remember finding your dream home? The place that fit into your plans for the future? Maybe it had room to raise a family. Or maybe it was perfect for entertaining. Or maybe it was in a neighborhood you always loved. But over time dreams can change, and sometimes your house may no longer fit what you want to do. If so, you’re not alone. Thousands of seniors just like you are choosing to move to senior living communities. If you’re thinking about your future, this blog post offers some reasons to consider downsizing to a two-bedroom senior apartment.
Is It Time to Make Your Move?
Deciding to move is a big decision that requires a lot of thought and consideration. Before you decide what to do next, here are some things you may want to consider:
- More amenities: Moving to a senior living community life Stevenson Oaks can give you access to more services and amenities than you ever imagined. We offer multiple dining venues, a beauty salon/barbershop, fitness center, and much more.
- Increased independence: Just think about how much money and time your current home takes up now. Plus, if you love to travel, how much of your time away do you spend worrying about what’s going on with your house? Downsizing to a senior living community provides you with 24/7 security, and we’ll keep an eye on your place while you’re away so you can have a truly worry-free trip.
- Start new: Sometimes all we need to try something different and exciting is a change of scenery. Downsizing can be a great way to start a new life in a new home with new friends, new interests … maybe even in new parts of the city or country.
- Cut the clutter: It’s easy to accumulate a lot of stuff over the years. Downsizing to a two-bedroom senior apartment makes you decide which of your possessions are must-keep and which could be sold, donated to charity, or given to family and friends.
- Tailored to you: Is your current home set up for you to safely age in place, or would you need to remodel or make some updates? Senior apartments at retirement communities are specifically designed for any changes in your health or mobility, with wider doorways and halls, and even emergency alert systems. Plus, with multiple floor plans, you’re sure to find one that fits your design preferences and lifestyle.
- New friends: If you’ve lived in your current neighborhood for decades, you know friends and neighbors move away. A senior living community gives you a chance to meet new neighbors who share your interests.
- Maintenance-free: Just imagine what you could do if someone else handled all the maintenance and upkeep. At Stevenson Oaks, we’ll take care of all the inside and outside maintenance, including appliances, heating and A/C, plumbing and more.
- The future: Choosing a Life Plan Community life Stevenson Oaks gives you the peace of mind of knowing you’ll have access to on-site care — assisted living, memory support and rehabilitation — should you ever need it.
Downsize to a Larger Way of Life
If you’re ready to enjoy life in a bigger way than you ever imagined, now’s a great time to consider Stevenson Oaks. You can explore our two-bedroom senior apartment options here. Or to schedule a visit to learn more about the benefits of our engaging maintenance-free lifestyle, contact us here.